Friday, December 11, 2020

Survival: The MRF Adventur 2.0 - Axe mod

I always liked the idea of a flat, multi purpose tool that could fit snugly in a wallet..preferably a thin shoulder wallet or neck pouch without bulking the whole assemble up.

Anyway, I got a very nice Baladeo Survival Card that followed me around for a few years: Small enough to forget that I have it with me and functional enough to actually be useful when needed.

So I was blissfully aware of being equipped for about 90% of all things that never happened...until I seen the "Adventur 2.0" which made me painfully aware of that I was under equipped for the other 10% that will probably never happen. But hey, who knows right?

It took me some weeks before I ordered one, when the Cider level in my system counter balanced the hefty price tag, while my "me-wanty" instinct Blackjack`ed my ration over the head.

A few days later the chunky piece of Ukrainian steel arrived in my mail box and I am in love ever since.

The "Adventur 2.0" has many advertised features, one of them is that the (heavy) survival card can function as axe head.

Something I was more than happy to try out.

(If you are interested in a similar project, check out my Stoneage Club


The MRF Survival Card in attack mode


All new and still shiny...


First we need the axe shaft...some good whacks
with a piece of wood drives...


..the blade into the shaft and splits it.




Good steel: No nicks!


I will try to keep it in place with a ZipTie first.





Still no nicks.


No complaints from my side!



Will try with some cord instead of a ZipTie








No comments:

Post a Comment

Stunt Kite Fun

  I managed to attach a "NoPro" camera between the bridles of a stunt kite and got fairly good results: