Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Kelly Kettle Hack No. 4 - The Heat Sleeve

Friends come and go, your Kelly Kettle stays!

So yeah, consider me a fanboy, after years of experimenting I managed to bake bread with it and even make a improvised still.

BUT.

Yes, there is a "but": During winter one has to use the boiled water right away as the kettles stainless steel leads the heat right away and one has to use a bit more fuel than usual (duhu!) to get/keep 1,5 L boiling.

So it seemed just logical (at least for yours truly) to give my KK a "sweater" to keep it and it`t content warm
 

The very improvised heat sleeve for my Kelly Kettle (Base Camp)

I take some old teatowels we would have binned anyway.

I use the spout as fix point.

I use half hitches to keep the towel(s) in place

And work my way down...

I make sure the towel ends 4-5 cm over the lower 
edge as to make sure that the towel catches fire (right away)


2 comments:

  1. I still am looking for a way to transform my Kelly Kettle into a still to distill large amounts of water. But my goal is to make it in a way that the evaporated water will be replenished in the kettle, so that I can run it for hours and only add more fuel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ACTUALLY I am working on it and it is easier than thought :-)

      Delete

Stunt Kite Fun

  I managed to attach a "NoPro" camera between the bridles of a stunt kite and got fairly good results: