Monday, December 28, 2020

Survival: The (alleged) Survival Hammock

I was mildly surprised when I found out that the improvised "shelves" we used to stow gear away up under the decks of the fast patrol boats I served in in the Navy. (Place was reserved for missiles and the ridiculous high powered engines, not for the soft & mushy parts in-between: The crew)

Anyway, I know those "survival hammock" from before, but never thought of sleeping in one. So I went out to make one and try it out.

My two cents: If you have some padding, like an empty backpack or suchlike, it is ok. With no padding it feels like sleeping on a potato peeler..

If you are a fakir, masochist (or both) or simply just want to try it out: Here is the tutorial video I made



No comments:

Post a Comment

Stunt Kite Fun

  I managed to attach a "NoPro" camera between the bridles of a stunt kite and got fairly good results: