Monday, December 16, 2019

The Kite Reel

I love to fly my kites as high as possible, where it is possible/permitted, but reeling them back in can be a drag (!!)

So I asked, last years, Santa for a nice kite reel so I could wind 3-500 m kite line back fast.

There are plenty of these out there, ranging in price from 50$ to XXX $.

I asked for the first one, just in case I wouldn't like it....I like it a LOT. 

However, this is not something I would use in strong winds....more to that later.

The reel with the 300m of Dacron line wound up on it. 

Looks nice, but....I don't like that my hands/fingers will operate
so close to a fast turning wheel with spokes.

The reel has a brake in the center of it. It does not stop the reel
totally from turning but just regulates the speed.

Nice swivel hook came with the line.

 
This is the safety catch that stops the reel from turning.

 
Nice leader rolls!

The regulator for the "brake".

First test...

...and guess what: I`m very happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stunt Kite Fun

  I managed to attach a "NoPro" camera between the bridles of a stunt kite and got fairly good results: