Thursday, December 5, 2019

Survival; So I Bought A Carbide Lamp

I`m a bit of a survival-gadget nerd...

Well, MORE than just a bit but I can justify it by actually using the stuff I buy on impulse.

Now take this carbide lamp, I could not resist the battery less , ultra bright light and the steampunky feel it has.

Carbide lamps are powered by...you guessed it...carbide and water. The carbide reacts with the water and produces the extremely flammable gas acetylene. 

Blinding bright..


Carbide lamp, just unboxed it.


The gas nozzles where the gas is set on fire.


Carbide, cheap as dirt.


You take a few of these magic lumps....


...this is already enough for 20-30 minutes of light.


Water tank and regulator.


One hole for the water feed (note the drop) and one for the gas exit.


FUMP!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Stunt Kite Fun

  I managed to attach a "NoPro" camera between the bridles of a stunt kite and got fairly good results: