Monday, December 2, 2019

Aerial Photography: Aberdeen Beach 2018

Long time ago I went to Aberdeen for crew change on my vessel. Just landed I got a message from the office saying that crew change will be delayed 36 hours.

What to do?

I COULD have stayed in my fancy hotel room and watch cartoons...but I chose not to: With me I had a very large, but compact, box kite and decided to use the occasion to put it up at Aberdeen beach.
  
I duct taped my camera to a length of aluminum pipe I found on the beach and tied the whole thing to the kite`s line. The video is a little bit shaky but worth looking at :-)

I used one of the favorite kites in my collection: A giant, cheap box kite from China.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stunt Kite Fun

  I managed to attach a "NoPro" camera between the bridles of a stunt kite and got fairly good results: