Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Kelly Kettle Hack No.2 - Baking

Is there something better than warm, fresh bread in the morning? I like to bake bread on a stick over a campfire or in a metal container in the embers of a fire like I did in my post The Tree Bark Bread



But always missed a nice, hot bun on hiking trips together with a cup of hot coffee made with my Kelly Kettle and....hey....the Kelly Kettle generates a very hot flow of hot air from the bottom to the top!



If I would keep the flames/heat down a little bit, so I would not burn the dough, one should be able to bake in a heat conducting container on top.



Hm....



So I did it! I baked a loaf of fresh bread in the morning and my wife was duly impressed :-)

Oh baby...

Putting the dough over as I boil water for coffee...
I am using the Kelly Kettle pot set and pot holder for this!

Nice!

Voila!



Am I a hero or what??

Preperation is simple: Create an open cylinder with baking paper..

So the dough won`t stick to the sides and bottom of the KK Pot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stunt Kite Fun

  I managed to attach a "NoPro" camera between the bridles of a stunt kite and got fairly good results: