Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Survival: The Improvised Backpack

You can improvise a backpack out of almost anything; From curtains over sheets of plastic to tarps.
I really like that solution since its cheap, easily made and very comfortable to carry, well unless you roll to many things into the place where your neck is going to be.



One tarp..

One wool blanket.

I will be gone for two days, so I pack some spare underwear.

And pack it as small as possible...
...using a method...

...I learned in the Danish Navy...

...to have ready-sets of clothes...

...compressed...

...in your socks.

Some long underwear...

...is a must...

...and I pack it...

...as compressed/small as possible.

The general layout.

A big boy needs his moose soup!

A small radio/hand crank charger/flashlight & toothbrush as "luxury" items.

Hard tacks and a mess tin.

All on board? 
Did you notice that I put the hard/heavy items at the packs ends?

Okay, lets roll it!


I tie off the ends.


Put as little as possible where your neck will be: Elsewise it gets uncomfortable after a very short time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stunt Kite Fun

  I managed to attach a "NoPro" camera between the bridles of a stunt kite and got fairly good results: