Thursday, January 2, 2020

Survival: The Hot Glue Match

I learned this trick on the Faroe Islands: If your rubber boots (Wellies) have a hole because of a sharp rock you can on-spot repair them with a hot-glue match. I also used the glue match to repair normal shoes or fix a leaking water container.

I always carry two Hot Glue matches and two Micro Torches with me.

Put glue on the last 3/4 of the match.

The trick is to turn the match back and forth so the glue is heated evenly and to
ensure that the match keeps burning.

It works pretty well as you can see!

Two hot glue matches, I use fireplace matches since they are sturdier and burn
longer/hotter. You can just cut them if they are to long. A normal match in the
middle as reference.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Stunt Kite Fun

  I managed to attach a "NoPro" camera between the bridles of a stunt kite and got fairly good results: