Monday, May 11, 2020

Knots: The Constrictor Knot

This is the knot I use/like most: It is easy to make and will not loosen once tightened.
 
 Ever...!

!!! WARNING - SALTY SEA DOG TALE AHEAD !!!

 When I was on Bali on a shorter assignment I was told that unfriendly individuals in Djarkarta slip that knot (wet and out of natural fibre) over a persons head, tighten it and just wait until the victim passes out due to pressure on the carotid arteries. (While desperately trying to get the noose off.)
 
!!! END OF SALTY SEA DOG TALE !!!
 
I have not witnessed this myself...or I have and I just can`t remember it (that would explain a lot....).

There are two ways to make the Constrictor Knot: Laid in the hand and around an item.


CONSTRICTOR KNOT LAID IN HAND.



Create a loop like this, notice how the left end lies over the right end.

Now fold the right half of the loop downward.

Like this. Now you have two halves.

Fold the two halves together like a clam.

Voila: Constrictor Knot!


CONSTRICTOR KNOT AROUND ITEM.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Stunt Kite Fun

  I managed to attach a "NoPro" camera between the bridles of a stunt kite and got fairly good results: